Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Healthy Living Challenge

Come One, Come All!!! I have decided it is time to drop the last few "Gracie pounds." You are invited to join me in a healthy living challenge. The challenge is based on healthy habits, not weight loss. By following the healthy habits rules you get points each day. At the end of the challenge period whoever has the most points wins. Here are the rules and the point value for each.

1. Get 7 hours of sleep a night - 1 point a day=7 points a week
2. No sweets except for one day a week, you can pig out all day if you want - 1 pt. a day=6 pts. a week
3. Exercise six days a week for 30 minutes - 1 pt. a day=6 pts. a week
4. BONUS: Exercise an additional 30 minutes each day, five days a week - 1 pt. a day=5 pts. a week
5. No soda pop - 1 pt. a day=7 pts. week
6. Eight glasses of water a day - 1 pt. a day=7 pts. a week
7. Eat three serving of veggies a day and two serving of fruit a day - 1 pt. a day=7 pts. a week
8. Don’t eat for three hours before bed - 1 pt. a day=7 pts. a week

The callenge will start August 1st and end November 1st. If is successful then I will start it up again January 1st. I am thinking I may have anyone who wants to join put in $25 - then the winner gets all the money at the end. I think this will add an extra incentive.

If you want to join up, then let me know by July 31st and I can send you some more information.

Even if we don't get super skinny, at least we will be living a healthful life. It should be LOTS OF FUN!!!

4 comments:

The Hills... said...

Oh yah! I want to join! I need some incentive! :) I can check off some of the things on the list like the 7 hours of sleep and no soda. This summer has been great for veggies with the Hill garden! I think it will be a challenge though. I'm going to post it on my blog too to see if anyone else wants to do it too.

Sharalea said...

hi Emily--I saw info on Callie's blog(Callie is friends with MY sis-in-law, Jen), I'm interested in knowing more even though it's already August 1st...sistershara@hotmail.com Thanks!

Heather said...

i totally would. but let's face my reality for a minute. i'm lazy. sounds so cool though. i am gonna try it on my own!

SJ said...

EMily- looks like I missed out on this round. Keep me posted next time!
Sasha (Lupe and Brad's daughterB :)