Friday, August 28, 2009

gardens, water, and a cute boy...

As I have mentioned before, Scott is a great gardener! I thought I would post some pictures of his lovely garden (mostly for the sake of my parents and his parents, who are all so far away). It has been really inspiring to me to watch him - he is so dedicated, and he is always trying to learn about anything that will make it better. It has been a lot of fun and we have loved the fresh produce. As a side note, we think we ought to write a cookbook on how to cook from your garden. We have made some of the best dishes with foods all or mostly from our garden - it has been really fun and really satisfying.




Since it is "brag about Scott day" I wanted to post some pictures of the drinking fountain he built in the backyard. Pretty much this was a totally genius idea and has reduced to amount of kid's cups I have had to wash. Plus, it is really nice when working in the garden to go over and get a drink of water.


Lastly, look at how so darn cute my little David is! He has learned that flirting with his mother will keep him out of bed and in my arms longer. I love all the smiles and oh, I love this boy!!!



9 comments:

Laura Duce said...

JEALOUS! I hope one day I can have one of those too and as awesome as yours is. Good job Scott. And yes, you're little David is a cutie. Smart fella.

marian said...

HOLY COW! He is amazing (and dreamy). David is a chunk of handsomeness!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful garden!

I can't believe how big David is already; what a cutie!

Jess said...

What a beautiful garden and I LOVE the drinking fountain!

Dave and Dana said...

Wow, Scott, What a gorgeous garden! I am so impressed!! And Emily, the garden pictures are ethereal. What a good photographer you are!

Robyn said...

Wow, that is a good lookin' garden. And that baby of yours is so darn cute I just want to kiss his little face.

Kyndra said...

I'm VERY impressed with the garden, but even so, I think your cute baby is more impressive. No offense to the garden though :-)

The Hills... said...

All I can say is WOW! I am super jealous of your garden and that cute baby of yours. Can't wait to see him! (Thanksgiving? Christmas?...we're coming for one of them)

J and A said...

I get so much joy out of gardens too. Each year a little bigger. I love that you cook out of yours with a passion. I'm looking forward to having a home again so I can cook out of ours with a passion too, but the inlaws' garden where we're staying is substituting nicely for now. :) Your family is beautiful and it is a joy to see you all happy and well and treasuring the simple things in life. That is the source of our greatest joys too. Love, Anna