Friday, April 20, 2012

cursive

I thought I should record the conversation Lily and I had yesterday after she came home from school.

E: Hi Lil, how was school?
L: Today was a horrible day....and a little bit good!
E: Oh no! What happened?
L: Well, Mrs. Groesbeck {her teacher} chose my cursive sheet to show the class...that was the sort of  good part....but when she held it up to show everyone no one ooohed or ahhhed! They all just sat there! Can you believe it?! It was horrible!!! The worst day ever!

Upon further probing it was also a horrible day because she is no longer the fastest runner in her class. She came in last place on the race because she chose to walk! Well duh...of course you are going to come in last when you walk!!!

She cracks me up. It is a rare day when she comes through the door and tells me her day was great...oh well, I guess it is the age. 

In other ramblings; I attended a concert for the Utah Symphony last night with my parents. It was a tribute to the Beatles. They had a look-alike Beatles band there and they were pretty decent. It was entertaining. Although I have to say, I really hate it when the performers chide the audience for participation (like helping them sing "Hey Jude"). I paid to have them entertain me...if I wanted to participate in the program I'd watch "Dora the Explorer"! Another thing that bugs me: standing ovations! People are so easily amused and they will stand and clap for anyone! I mean, the impostor band wasn't bad, but they certainly weren't amazing...so why was everyone standing. I have to be brought almost to tears to stand and clap for someone (as it should be). Otherwise we just encourage mediocre performances and a bunch of unwanted encores...I mean after two hours and a huge headache I don't really want to listen to four more songs! It was fun though and I was glad I went.

So there you have it...the latest from Hillville!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Here, here on standing ovations. Sometimes I feel like Brian and I are the ONLY ones sitting when we see live stuff -

Bradley L. Hill said...

So, was "Paul" left-handed?