Monday, June 4, 2012

here's the plan

So remember how yesterday I said I was pretty excited about summer...well here is our plan for summer fun! Every summer we have a daily schedule that includes chore and workbook time. Life with structure is just so much better. Lest you think I am the Gestapo I do let them play and have all the free time they want after lunch.


I thought is would be fun if we did something together every day. I saw this idea on Pinterest and I liked it a lot. So we are going to try it this summer!


I used to have an "I Bored" jar that the kids could pick out of to find something to do. It was filled with fun ideas like below and chores, so they never knew what they would get. That meant that no one ever wanted to pick out of it and no one ever said "I bored" either. I decided that this year I would just post a list for them to pull from. We will see if this works better.


They turned out super cute. I printed them with my printer on cardstock, then cut them out and laminated them. They are hanging with my menu and notes boards (found here). 

If you want a copy of any of these for yourself then let me know and I can e-mail it to you. I would probably even customize it for you if you asked nicely (well maybe I'd only customize one of the top two...probably not the ideas list).

No comments: