Monday, January 5, 2009

christmas and such...





Christmas was a hit (as always). Uncle Darren, Uncle Eric, and Aunt Michelle spent it with us. The kids all got just what their hearts desired (it is a good thing their hearts only want things that are cheap). Lily finally got her Barbie car - she has been asking for one since she was two. She also got a bag full of fun art supplies, which I think she liked way more than the Barbie car. Adam got a firetruck, and Gracie got a stroller. Scott got his welding mask (auto-darkening with flames painted on the side - yeah, I am a pretty rad wife) and Lily insisted on getting him a G.I. Joe T-shirt. He loved the shirt and she was so thrilled with the response. Scott was so generous and got me a day at the spa (I went on Friday and can I just say, I really love facials) and a new set of scriptures (the big print ones. I have been wanting them for years). All in all it was a nice day. But I am glad to settle back into schedules and real life.

For New Years Scott and I usually have a quiet evening eating sushi and going to bed at 11:00-ish. But this year our quiet evening turned into quite a party. Michelle, Renee and Ryan, Ryan's brother Tim and his girlfriend, Eric and his girlfriend, Darren and a pre-mission friend all came and we had an Asian feast. Sushi (California Rolls), Tempura, Pot Stickers, Egg Rolls (Michelle made them and they were soooooo good), and yummy drinks. It was a lot of fun - although I have to say, I am just not a night person. It was fun having everyone and all the good food they contributed.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great time!

What fabulous pictures. :)

Malisa said...

I'm glad you had a good new year's. I'm still planning to post about how ours actually turned out.

My kids are moving past the cheap Christmas stage UNFORTUNATELY.

marian said...

Sounds like so much fun! I miss you.

SJ said...

What a nice holiday season for you guys! After all our running around I am content to stay indoors and hybernate 'till Spring.

erika said...

OK, I want to come to your New Year's party next year. Seriousy! Maybe I will come up and stay with my mom or something....
Sounds like a great time!

biscky said...

I also got new scriptures (Quad) for Christmas large print as well. New years I was at work.

Steph said...

Sometimes I wonder why I never you know like sushi and how we have never gone out for it. I am always looking for a good sushi friend!!