Wednesday, November 18, 2009

happy birthday tubby!!!!!


I cannot believe my boy is FIVE!!!!! Crazy! We had such a fun day with Adam yesterday. The minute he woke up he wanted to start his birthday (meaning he wanted to eat cake). He had a dinosaur cake that I decorated with my awesome cake decorating skills (that was a joke, I don't do cakes like my sisters do). We ate on dinosaur plates with dino napkins; it was the best. We had taco salad for dinner, which of course can't be beat and then opened presents while we ate cake and ice cream. What fun!!!

I love Adam! To be honest I never wanted sons; boys are kind of gross. They don't flush the toilet, they pick their noses, and they always have dirty feet. Plus girls are not eligible for the draft (I know that is silly, but I think it would be terrible to have a son drafted to a horrible war and then killed). But then Adam came and he changed all that, sort of. I still think boys are gross, but it doesn't seem to bother me so much and it is because I just couldn't love a little man more (except for Davie). He comes and snuggles with me every morning and he gives the best kisses. Plus he says super funny things and tells me that he loves me all the time (and he means it; a girl just knows). I am so grateful for my Adam and I can hardly believe it has been five years since that massive little baby was born (he weighed 9 lbs, 7 oz. and I gave birth naturally; not by choice). I love you ADAM!!!!!!!





7 comments:

The Boudy's said...

hahah that is hilarious! :) See, i was excited to find out i was having a boy...i think girls would be more trouble..more emotional and dramatic teenage life, more expensive :) hahah adam is a cutie and i love the cake!

The Hills... said...

I am the worst aunt ever! I didn't call or anything. Happy Birthday Adam, can't believe you're five!

Jenkins family said...

That makes two worst aunts ever. Happy Birthday big guy!

Laura McKeen said...

Wow I feel like I am getting so old.

DeLong Family Members: said...

Love the cake Emily, and Adam couldn't be cuter--that big smile. We love him tooooo much!!! MOM

Evan said...

Happy birthday from the Mann's Tubba-goo!

Heather said...

oh, little tubbs! happy birthday and what a cute cake!