Sunday, November 15, 2009

up to? well, this is what we've been up to. thanks for asking...

Here is Gracie being herself...you know you can just never have enough warm clothing on inside. A princess always needs to have jeans and rain boots on while reading a book, right!
Davie has taken to the Johnny JumpUp quite well and the other kids love entertaining him while he is "swinging." (I keep having to remind them that it isn't a swing and to not touch him)
I was super-duper sick last week and Scott brought me home this! Wasn't that nice of him; it makes me happy every time I see it.
I really like this boy (and yes, I know that my cheeks are ridiculously huge. Alvin and the Chipmucks have been trying to recruit me for years to be their drummer. I just don't play the drums that well...well, I don't play them at all). Isn't he just the darlingest little boy you have ever seen (since Adam was this age at least).
Mmmmm, rice cereal. I am telling you, he is ALWAYS hungry. Adding solids has been a good move.
I decided that I didn't like having carpet in the computer room/art room, so Scott was kind enough to spend his Saturday putting in hard floors for me. I LOVE the result; it looks so much cleaner and the chairs slide in and out so much more easily. Plus I think it looks pretty! I love my Scott.

This is with the carpet still in...
This is with the carpet partially torn up.
End result (with dust particles flying around).
After we put the mish-mash of furniture in. I am really happy with how it turned out!

So there you have it. That is what we have been up to. I went scrapbooking the other night...so much fun. And Davie can roll over from his tummy to his back and he has almost mastered the other direction as well. Lily got good grades and I got a good report from her teacher during parent/teacher conferences. Adam asks more questions than any person I have ever met (seriously nonstop) and Grace continues to maintain her role as the typical two-year old. The snow fell hard yesterday and Scott is anxious to try his new cross country skis out. Life in general is pretty good (except I broke out in a cold sore this morning...bummer, no kisses for me for a while).

8 comments:

Heather said...

Your little Davie IS darling! And I love the floor. My new book group picked Cry the Beloved Country for this month, and I kept thinking of you and remembering our tiny little book group with Dee and what you shared about your experiences in South Africa. Glad things are going well for you and your family.

Ryan and Renee said...

My heck, your cheeks are massive! I am totally kidding! Your hot! I love the wood floors! I didn't know you were doing that. They look so good.

marian said...

I CANNOT wait to see you on Saturday!

Heather said...

what cuties. i love that adam is wearing the surf shirt! oh good memories!

The Hills... said...

Wow, tell Scott to come visit us in AZ. I've got plenty of projects for him!!

4 weeks and counting! I can't wait!

Josh and Britany said...

So I am with Renee on this one! Your cheeks do not look massive!! You are way to hard on yourself, you look great! And I love the floors!

Jenkins family said...

I want to live close to you. I MISS YOU!!!

DeLong Family Members: said...

The kids are darling and the floor is so great! What an improvement. It makes me want to take out the ugly carpet in our basement and put in a wood floor too. MOM