Friday, May 21, 2010

tragedy strikes!

All of my children have done this, but Gracie has taken it to the next level! What is the crime? Self-grooming, by way of the scissors!!!!

On Wednesday I went and had my hair cut and colored. When I came home everyone was full of ooooh's and ahhh's. Naturally Gracie was maybe feeling a little out of the limelight and probably thought I looked awesome, so she said she wanted her hair cut. It was the busy time of day; you know, the time when you are trying to get dinner going, homework done, and everyone is running around like little maniacs. So when she said that I just blew it off with a, "Oh Gracie, I will trim your hair tomorrow." And that was that...I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

About 20 minutes later Gracie appears in the kitchen looking like this (I am thinking she has a secret desire to be in a 1980's chick band)!

She had given herself a mullet. Not just a couple of nice little snips like Adam and Lily had done at this age - she cut everything up front. I tried to trim the back up a bit so it will look less mullet-ish, but it still looks terrible. Renee thinks I should take her to a salon and have them give her a pixie cut. I am not convinced. As beautiful as she is, she does have a chubby baby face and I am thinking a pixie cut may not be flattering on her (oh man, do I sound vain or what). But then again, a mullet is not too flattering either....

Good thing hair grows!






8 comments:

erika said...

Her hair actually doesn't look too bad! Honestly.
And your hair looks great! I really love the highlights on you.
Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Heather said...

you both look so adorable! and i don't see anything wrong with a good mullet!

Ryan and Renee said...

I think she did a pretty good job actually. She looks super cute with her new bangs. by the way, you look cute too!

marian said...

At leaset she is only 2! I went to town on my own hair this morning with the scissors not seeing a way to get it cut in these crazy last two weeks and it looks pretty bad - ouch! You think a girl would learn. Now I have to go to the salon and admit I tried to cut it myself - I should wear the cone of shame.

emily, etc, etc said...

Mares...she is actually 3...

Dana said...

You both look darling! She's cute with her short hair!

Jenkins family said...

Okay - I was expecting something really horrible. Truth is, you may have a little hairdresser on your hands. I think she did a great job!

marian said...

2 or 3, that's a whole lot better than flamin' 33! I had to get my hair majorly CHOPPED off yesterday at good 'ol Fantastic Sams