Tuesday, May 4, 2010

just what the doctor ordered


Wednesday afternoon my oldest sister Lisa (in green coat) flew in from California to go to BYU Women's Conference with me. We drove down and stayed in the dorms and met up with my other sister Jennifer until Saturday. The Lord really knew I needed this - He seemed to direct me to the exact classes that I needed. This is my fourth (I think) year going and this was the first year that every single class was great. In the past it is always hit and miss; there will always be a dud, but not this year. I came home feeling like I can do this whole "motherhood" thing and this whole "life" thing in general. I am so grateful for those few days I had and all the wonderful things I knew but had to be reminded of. I loved hearing the testimonies of so many people who have struggled, survived, and continued to smile - it was a GREAT event!

Thank you Lisa for making the great effort to come with me and thank you Jen for driving back and forth from Springville (next year you should just stay with us in the dorms); I could not have asked for better Conference companions!

As a sidenote, I went to Wal-Mart today with the kidlets and amazingly enough they behaved themselves. Miracles really do happen!!!!

8 comments:

Honor said...

you guys are cute!

DeLong Family Members: said...

That is so great!! Next year I will join you. MOM

Alyson said...

I've always wanted to go to Women's Conference, but have never made it. I know so many women who just love it and look forward to it every year.
So fun you could go with your sisters...and share in the enlightenment together. And yes, you CAN do it!!!!

erika said...

I love that picture of you guys! So glad you had such a good time. I think Traci and I need to go to Women's Conference one of these years.

Ryan and Renee said...

I wish I could have been there with you! Next year....

marian said...

You look gorgeous in that color!

cheyney webb said...

What fun! What dorms did you stay in? By chance, Taylor Hall 3121? Did you get to eat in the Cannon Center? I guess they are NEW now and don't have a urinals in the girls bathrooms.

Jenkins family said...

Sisters, sisters, never were there more devoted sisters...HA - now you'll have that in your head for the rest of the day. ENJOY! I want you to know that every time I hear a Michael McLean song I will picture the two of us sprinting up the Marriott Center stairs to escape our by-invitation-only seats. Good times!