Thursday, September 30, 2010

mmmm...looks comfy doesn't it!

My 92-year old Grandma Dearie fell Sunday night and broke her ankle. They couldn't set it correctly and so Tuesday night she had surgery on it. This whole ordeal has left her pretty weak and disoriented. As a result my aunt felt like it was important that someone be with her as much as possible. So Wednesday morning I took my turn sitting with Grandma. My sister-in-law Melissa was kind enough to take Grace and David for me while I was at the hospital. Apparently Davie wasn't going for a nap in the playpen so Melissa got him up and snuggled with him on couch. After a few minutes he decided to get down and wander a bit - this is where she found him next; out cold on her kitchen floor! Isn't that funny. She said he slept like that for about an hour!
As a sidenote: I think aging is a cruel joke - especially at 92! That is why I have decided that I going to take up sky-diving and bungee jumping around 85....

5 comments:

Laura Duce said...

Awwww....so cute.

marian said...

I'm sorry about Grandma. . . she deserves to die like a diva, not sit around with a broken ankle.

erika said...

Poor Grandma Dearie! I agree with Mares.

Callie said...

OH your poor Grandma! So sad!

That Davie is sure cute though!

Miss Megan said...

My mom has photos of each of my brothers and I sleeping in odd places around the house -- glad you've got at least one, too! Davie is such a doll! Sorry to hear your grandmother was injured. Hopefully she's back on both feet and kickin' around with the rest of you soon. I'm glad you got to spend some extra time with her.