Tuesday, October 19, 2010

doors, cookies, walks, and a pretty girl

I painted my front door and I couldn't be more pleased. I think it looks so pretty. I especially love it with my autumn wreath!

We decorated pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies for Family Night last week. It was pretty fun.
The kids had Fall Break last week, so to keep them busy one day I took them for a walk along the Jordan River Parkway. Because everyone and their dog was at Gardner Village checking out the Witch display (which is always pretty great) we basically had the walkway to ourselves. It was a perfectly beautiful day. We even encountered a praying mantis on Lily's back (which she almost accidentally squashed because she freaked out at the idea of have a "bug" on her). The kids threw rocks and ran and jumped (as displayed in one picture) and even played on the playground at the end of the trail. It was a fun activity.
My favorite of the "jumping" pictures. Lily was a little ahead of the other two and I love her braids flying up behind her. They loved this tunnel that went under the road!

"mmmmm....we really wan to get to the water...but how?"
Aren't these pretty? They were all along the trail.
Success! Adam finds a way down and the rest of us followed shortly there after.
Lily is just such a darling girl. And she has the prettiest hair of anyone I know - I am super jealous. She looked to pretty yesterday after school and I wanted to snap a shot of her. She is NOT a good sport when it comes to getting a normal picture. She likes to be caught in the action of something fun and pull a great pose. It is always cute. But once in a while I would like to get a nice mellow shot of her - I don't know that I ever will - she really protest.
She is trying so hard not to smile - stinker!
Again, don't smile or your face will crack!

2 comments:

marian said...

gee- I wonder where she got all that lovely hair, let's think, maybe her MOM?? It looks just like yours in the Deoren's "Poor Wand'ring One".

Laura Duce said...

One day I dream of having a black door. It looks great.