Wednesday, February 9, 2011

the time has come

Well I am officially a blogging slacker (what's new)! It has been over a month since my last post. We have had a busy few weeks around here and I am finally starting to catch my breath.

At the beginning of January we got to watch our darling little niece Eden for five days while her parents were in Equador. We loved having her and could not kiss her cheeks enough. My kids were sad to see her go (except Davie, I think he was glad to get his mom back).

I love having a reader in the house. Lily is so good about reading to the kids when they ask. Don't you love Gracie's outfit...
My friend Heather made this hat for Adam when we lived in Washington. Davie discovered it a few weeks ago and will not take it off. Seriously he wears it almost everyday all day, whether we are in or out. I think it is pretty cute!

Oh, how I love these kids! Don't they look like little heathens in their jammies and messy hair...
We celebrated Gracie's fourth birthday on the 3rd! She is so big now.

The Great Purge....I decided that my closet really needed some attention. As you can see below we have a very small closet so good organization is essential. I think between Scott and me we filled about five garbage bags full of clothes and shoes to donate. It felt so good to get rid of it all.

These boys are buddies! I love them...

6 comments:

marian said...

I've missed you! Good job on the purge, such a satisfying thing to do. Your kids are getting so big. How did Gracie's potty training finally pan out?

Callie said...

There I go again...missing another birthday! Sheesh! Happy Birthday Miss Grace!

And hey, you forgot to mention how sick you were and how much you sacrificed to watch Eden!! Seriously, I owe you huge!

Heather said...

Emily!!! Hooray for your blog! You have done such a great job! I'm super impressed with you, your darling family, and everything you are about!!! I look forward to your "30"! :)

Anonymous said...

it'a about time you jumped back on the wagon!

Bradley L. Hill said...

Welcome back! I'd keep that bathtub photo for leverage when the boys are teenagers.

PS My Word verification on this comment is "monson". How about that!

Heather said...

ha ha! i love that you still have that hat!!!