Wednesday, June 15, 2011

follow up

For Uncle Brad's sake (since he seems to be the only one cares) I thought I would put on the follow up story to my UPS story...

After I posted that story I found out that a man in our ward is a manager at UPS and went to my blog to read the funny story. He and Scott work in Young Mens together and one evening he came by for a calling-related matter. The UPS story immediately got brought up. He asks me specifics about the incident and then told me that the experience was completely against company protocol in those situations. The man I spoke to on the phone should have immediately scheduled a pick up, no questions asked. Clearly there really was a language problem. Then he told me that he had copied my blog post and sent it to the powers that be at UPS (I think it was whoever is in charge of customer relations). At this point I was starting to get a little embarrassed; I had not posted the story to make UPS look bad. I posted it because it was just funny. He apologized to me and I kept telling him it was really no big deal...more funny than anything.

Well, it gets even better. About a week later I get a letter in the mail for UPS. In it is an apology for the incident and three pre-paid, first class postage labels to anywhere I want! It was very generous and at that point I was feeling really bad. I had really not intended to make such a stink and I certainly was not expecting them to compensate me in anyway. Well, I never used the postage labels because I felt kind of guilty.

There is the end of story...needless to say, I learned how important it is to watch what I say in the public forum (although my blog isn't public anymore so maybe I can say whatever I want now).

4 comments:

SJ said...

I say "Use the labels!!!" or give them to me :)

emily, etc, etc said...

I let them expire...

Callie said...

No way! That's crazy!

Bradley L. Hill said...

Let some time pass. Then use the labels when you have a legitimate need. That should cleanse them of their aura of guilt and vindictiveness.