Monday, June 27, 2011

tahoe to auburn - family reunion 2011

We just got back from a great family reunion in Northern California. We left Sunday after church and headed to Reno; the kids love staying in hotels. Then Monday morning Scott wanted to get some work done and we couldn't check into our campsite at Lake Tahoe until 2, so I took the kids to the park to play and then Costco to get food supplies for camping. We found a fun little park with a pond. They loved the ducks. Plus I was able to call my sister-in-law Callie who had her baby early that morning. Then we all loaded up in the car and drove to the campsite.

We had so much fun in Tahoe. We went on a great little hike up above a waterfall. It was really beautiful and the kids loved playing in the water. It was a really nice campground and other than worrying about the bears at night it was a perfect place. Wednesday morning we packed it all up and headed to my sister Lisa's house in Auburn. There we just swam, ate great food, and played a lot. Everyone went river rafting on Friday while my sister Jennifer and I stayed home and watched all the little kids. Scott had a blast. Plus he was able to go on some great bike rides. We went and saw his brother Brian and their family a couple times...it was so fun to see their new little baby girl.

It was a great week! Here are some of the highlights!!!

In the car; ready to cruise!!!

Camping in Lake Tahoe....BEAUTIFUL.
Walking to the lake from our campsite.
Four of my cute nieces; Elisabeth, Jane, Lulu, and Becca
Gracie on her own private island in the middle of Lake Tahoe....she fell in just seconds after the picture was taken. I was surprised by how not upset she was.
Gracie and cousin Isabel...these two are best buddies!
On our hike to the waterfall
Lily swimming in one of the freezing pools at the top of a waterfall. Along with cousins Zach and Jack (who not only have rhyming names, but the same birthday - they aren't brothers).
The water must have felt good on Davie's little pigs.
Hiking back to the car. Gracie and I brought up the rear...they were all such good little hikers.
We took the kids to Old Town Sacramento one day while most of the rest of the family went to San Francisco. We weren't up for another long drive after driving from Salt Lake to Reno then to Tahoe then to Auburn. We had a great day in Old Town. We went to the candy store, the old school house, the river boat, the trains, and ended with an ice cream cone. Good times!

Outside the candy store....heaven for anyone under 20!
Mardi Gras masks in a window in Old Town Sacramento. The kids thought they were really cool.
Aboard the Delta King River Boat.
I didn't get any pictures at my sister's house in Auburn. We basically lived in her beautiful pool. It was a GREAT week and it went by way too fast. I loved being with my family and my kids had a ball with their 18 cousins.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a TOTAL BLAST!!! I absolutely love Tahoe, although I've only been once. I'm sure your kiddos will remember this fun trip for a very long time!

Bradley L. Hill said...

What wonderful memories for the kids! If I could relive our childrearing years, I would include more trips like this.

SJ said...

What a great trip! I love how you got to incorporate alone family time and extended family time and nature!

lannie_rae said...

Hey Miss, I live about 10 minutes from Old Sac. We can ride our bikes there from out house. You missed out on my awesomeness :)