Monday, May 19, 2008

the ladies man....

I know I just blogged about Adam, but the funniest thing happened just a little while ago.

I was cleaning up after breakfast when I all of the sudden hear screaming and fighting in the basement. Adam had taken Lily's marble (or "narble" as she calls it) and she wanted it back. I called them both upstairs and began to explain to them that neither of them would get the marble. Lily wouldn't get it because she was screaming at Adam and Adam wouldn't get it because he unkindly took something from someone else. Lily asked if she would ever get the marble and I told her that after they show me that they can play nicely then I would give her the marble back. Of course Adam also wanted to know when he could have it. As I was explaining all of this he was slowly coming closer and closer to my face (I sitting down with them). Then he would cuddle him little cheeks up to mine. He was totally trying to get out of trouble by snuggling up to me and it almost worked! This little guy knows me well and he knows just how much I adore him and how much I adore his hugs and cuddles. What a stinker! He is very cute though, and I wouldn't trade him for anything (even though it seems like I make a weekly trip to the doctor for all the weird things he seems to contract - this week it is ring worm....gross; by the way it isn't really a worm at all).

In the end....I was strong and overcame the tempation of those huge brown eyes and his sweet kisses on my cheeks. I kept the marble and they are playing much nicer now. I am VICTORIOUS!!!!!

3 comments:

SJ said...

Way to stick to your GUNS! They go through different tactics...flattery, barter, poor me, tantrum. It looks like you are well armed :)

Honor said...

kids know all the tricks ... little manipulators.

Stephanie said...

That's the toughest to combat: cuteness and charm. Way to go!