Friday, May 2, 2008

whoa - look at the herd of women!

Yesterday and today I have been attending BYU Women's Conference (I am going a little later today). I have never seen so many women in one place in all my life. I was feeling a little overwhelmed and started to long for some men. Besides that, I had a great day yesterday. This is the first time I have attended and I have been really pleasantly surprised. Plus I have been able to visit with some new people and make a few friends. And the bonus, I have had a two day break from the my job. Yesterday a sweet friend on mine took the kids all morning and part of the afternoon (thanks Stephanie!) and today Scott has taken the day off work. What fun! I am going again next year, for sure... if you want to join then you are more than welcome.

6 comments:

Honor said...

I wish I could come ... I should just come next year, that would be fun.

Stephanie said...

It was MY pleasure to watch your kids! They were so sweet, well behaved, fun, and wonderful. Thank YOU for sharing them with me for a few hours yesterday.

DeLong Family Members: said...

Is Scott vying for some "husband of the year award"? Man Scott, you really are a dream! First Em's birthday and now this.

The Tinney's said...

Hello miss thang!! How fun i wish i could have gone! Very nice of Scott wow good job hubby! And guess what im getting induced 2 weeks early(you cant see me but im jumping up and down) wa hoo! Im thrilled but im not have as big with this one as with Austin! Well i miss you tons!!!

The Atomic Mom said...

I went last year and had a blast. I couldn't go this year, but if I had, we would have totally hung out, like we used to in the olden, golden BYU days -- except there would be no well mannered dinner party sponsered by our well behaved cousins to crash and be obnoxious at...sadness.

I'm planning to go next year, so it's a date baby!

Alice Jane said...

Hey Emily! We just went private with our blog. Can you send me your email address so I can invite you. (alicejane33@hotmail.com)