Thursday, April 2, 2009

i totally outdid myself

Lily's birthday was on Tuesday (more about that later) and on Saturday I had a birthday party for her with some of her little friends here in the neighborhood. It was such fun (and a lot of work) and I have to say it turned out pretty cute.

We did a princess party. As a party favor I made tutu's for each little girl (we only invited six) and then I added a strip of organza to those birthday hats (you know, the cone ones). So when the girls came they got their tutu and then we did a little princess story activity and pin the jewel on the crown (Lily totally cheated). Then we decorated the princess crowns. I bought a bunch of stickers, sparkly, adhesive, princess foam pieces, feathers, adhesive jewels, etc. for the girls to use. This was a big hit and their little crowns turned out so cute. Then we ate lunch, had cake and opened presents. It was such a fun party and Lily especially loved it.

These were the invitations - so I really am not some over-achieving mom, who has to show off. These were left over from when I made Gracie's birth announcements. I just happened to have the exact number of blank ones that I needed for this. I thought they turned out so super cute and they didn't cost me a dime!

These were the tutu's. I made them very basic, but I still think they turned out to be so fun. I loved all the colors and I had to go with different colors even though I knew the girls would all want the same of one particular one (which of course they did. Who would think that they would all want the purple ones - personally I liked the pink ones)



Okay, so I am no cake decorator. How do you like my saggy piping job....

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a cute idea! Looks like a lot of fun!

marian said...

OK, I am SOOOOOOOO not showing that cake to Diana - she would NEED it

Mandee Lue said...

You're so cute!! I need to get inside your head and steal some of those ideas! I love it! Happy Birthday to Lily!

Laura McKeen said...

Oh man, I missed her birthday. How old is she? I can't believe it. I love princess parties. Tell her Happy Birthday for me.

Josh and Britany said...

Fun and super cute!! Happy Birthday Lily!!!

Alyson said...

Super cute! Don't you just love it when a party comes together like that? I've had a couple of those over the years, and even though I'm exhausted when it's over, I love doing it!

Kyndra said...

That is all so cute! I'm so impressed with the tutus. I wouldn't have the first clue how to make them.