Friday, April 17, 2009

true love



Lately I feel like such a bad mother. I am sometimes way too hard on my children. I expect them to be much more mature than their age actually allows (especially Lily). I have lots of excuses, but none of them are really all that great. The bottom line is, I really love my kids, more than anything in the whole world. Each of them brings me such joy. Occasionally I just need remind myself of what a blessing they are and how much I adore them. On that same note, I am also very hard on Scott sometimes - he too deserves better because he is pretty rockin' awesome. I seriously totally lucked out - he is the ultimate in dreamy. Basically I just think my family is the BEST!!!!! (And they all deserve a huge reward for being so patient with their hormonally unbalanced mother and wife). Plus, don't they just all look so cute in these pictures!? Ahhhh, true love.....

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are a wonderful mother!

My mom once told me that you know you're a good mother if you think you're a bad one. Your kids are amazing, darling, sweet, smart, and kind; just like their mother.

Josh and Britany said...

I couldn't have read this at a better time. I have been crying for about the last 1/2 hour over how I feel I am such a bad mom. We just got back from our Adult session of stake conference and it definitely made me feel pretty rotten!(in a good spiritual way of course) I know i'm not that bad, but I have some things that I really need to work on. You are a great mother and wife! I think we are always hardest on ourselves. And yes, they do all look so cute in those pictures!

The Hills... said...

Emily, I think you are seriously the best mom, seriously. If you didn't have ups and downs or occasionally lose your temper or patience, you wouldn't be considered normal! I look up to you in so many ways.