Wednesday, July 29, 2009

good times had by all

For Family Night we had a picnic in the park and then took the kids through the carwash (which is like a ride at Disneyland for them). There were good times had by all!



See how excited David is about being at the park!



As a sidenote, we were going to pick up litter for our activity and talk about keeping the Earth beautiful and clean. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the park was spottless! I couldn't find a single piece of trash to pick up. So we decided to just make it a fun evening at the park and next week we will find somewhere a little dirtier to pick up litter!

9 comments:

erika said...

What a great idea Em!

cheyney webb said...

I love that the car wash is a big treat. I remember being thrilled whenever I got to go through as a kid. Fun to see David enjoying his first trip to the park.

biscky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
biscky said...

Parks are so much fun!! When I was a kid the car wash scared me to death, glad to hear your kids find it as fun as a amusement ride.

The Atomic Mom said...

We used to play carwash at our house growing up, that's how nerderific we were!

DeLong Family Members: said...

Wow, David is really growing--at least from the fatter cheeks. Cute pictures of the kids--they are so darling. MOM

Bradley L. Hill said...

You guys have so much fun! Can I be in your family?

Uncle Brad

Miss Megan said...

I'm 30 and I still love going through the carwash and playing at the park! Your family is darling, Emily. Hope you continue taking tons of photos -- future generations are going to want to see them!

Alice Jane said...

I copied your David and Goliath FHE and the girls LOVED it. I like your park idea too. We better hurry and do it before the rain sets in up here!

Your family is so cute!