Monday, February 15, 2010

back up and running....sort of

Our computer is still slower than tar, so we are thinking we just need a new (used) one. In the meantime I have some totally awesome pictures (maybe a bit of an overstatement) and the lowdown on Peeps.

Isabel brought Grace a life-size Strawberry Shortcake balloon for her birthday. So fun!!! Gracie wore her Jasmine pants all day...she doesn't even know who Jasmine is.


Baby Lucy (Renee's baby)

Such the cutest boy!

Happy Birthday to my Gracie, who still insists on being two.


Adam wanted to take a picture...maybe we need to have a lesson on lighting.

Clearly someone is a rough sleeper.


You know, if you are ever feeling down a good snuggle with a life-size balloon will always do the trick!
Seriously, how darling is that face!!!!

It is a blessed day when they start holding their own bottle.

A few weeks ago Peeps shows up with some patches of hair missing; we figured he had been maimed in a fight (he thinks he is a lot bigger than he really is). Well the patches of missing fur turned into his whole back side with little blood spots. He was constantly grooming himself to the point where he had no fur left. Worried that maybe he had some disease or fleas we wouldn't let him in the house until we found out what was going on. He did NOT like that. He is totally spoiled. Well, last week I had to take him to the Humane Society for his rabies booster and I had the vet there look at him. He said that there was excessive grooming going on because Peeps is stressed. He advised that we take him to a full-service clinic and have him looked at. He would probably need a cone and some kitty Prozac. What!? Should I find a therapist as well? I mean, I would hate to have a depressed kitty. Seriously. I am not the kind of person who will medicate my depressed cat. I was sort of wondering if I could just slip him some Whiskey in his water dish. That ought to mellow him out, right! So I got home and called a clinic by my house. They set me up for an appointment for today. Scott was luckily off work and kindly took him in. It turns out Peeps is not depressed or stressed (who could be depressed living with me!), he has a rash. So the vet gave him a shot and said it should be cleared up in two weeks. What a relief! I guess I can bypass the liquor store....

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Emily you are so funny...but I think you probably didn't bypass the liquor store ;)

You have the cutest kids!!

marian said...

What an adorable baby! I am sad second cousins can't marry each other.

The Hills... said...

Can I just say, Brian and I laughed for like 2 minutes after I read this post aloud! You are hilarious! Thanks for chatting today. Don't forget to slip the cruise idea past Scott.

Lauren said...

I am glad to hear that other people have pets that loose their hair...whether caused by a rash or a scab from a cut that she wouldn't leave it alone (Kozy). We had to get a cone because she pulled all of her hair out of her tail...her beautiful long golden retriever tail, GONE!!

DeLong Family Members: said...

We love seeing the pictures. It is so much fun to see them grow and hear good stories about Peeps!! MOM