Monday, February 8, 2010

it's not my fault...i promise!

We have had the lovely MISfortune of owning an old PC for these many years. I just love frugality and I love that my husband is the main instigator of it, but I have decided that owning an old PC for frugality's sake is just dumb - I waste a lot of time waiting. Let me explain...

I haven't blogged for a while not because I have nothing to say; on the contrary I have a lot to blog about. Gracie had her third birthday, Davie cut his first tooth, Peeps (I hope) is dying, and we are actually having a sunny day. I haven't blogged because we have spent the last week and a half completely cleaning all the JUNK off our computer. We have a backup computer, so we have been taking all the important files off this computer and saving them on that one so that we could completely erase everything from this one and start over. Why would we do this you ask (good question). Because our computer is so bogged down with viruses (despite the fact that we have anti-virus software; what a scam) and is so old that it was running at a snail's pace - we may as well have had dial-up. Actually I think dial-up would have been faster. Well, Scott figured that it would be a good idea to try and salvage this computer before we bought another one (which, I should inform you would be another old, used one - thank you frugality. Scott I love you and I know that that statement will inevitably start a fight - sorry). The idea of trying to save this one is a nice thought, but boy has it been a PAIN IN THE NECK!!!!!! So all my files are still on the other computer and I have just started to move them over - did I mention what a pain this has been. I hate PC's and I can't justify spending the money for a Mac.

Anyway, so there is my very long explanation as to why I haven't blogged in a long time. As soon I get back up and running, I promise I will post something - maybe some pictures of Gracie Lou! That always cheers me up!

P.S. I know it was mean to say that I hope Peep's is dying; but oh man, that is the most high-maintenance cat I have ever met and now he has some strange disease and his hair is falling out - I am taking him to the vet tomorrow and I am hoping they tell me he has some terminal illness. Isn't that terrible of me...I actually do like animals, I have just decided I like them at the zoo or someone else's house.

7 comments:

marian said...

Peeps can die, it's OK. We are in the same computer boat - we have 2 back up hard drives with all the photo files etc. and it has helped. Ryan is waiting for the chips he has been working on the last 3 years to buy a new computer - he is also in the MAC or PC dillema - MACs are just so dang expensive and I am so not a fancy computer person!

Heather said...

i love you! that is all i have to say!

erika said...

Hope your computers woes are resolved quickly. I need some Hill family pics to put a smile on my face! :)

Malisa said...

I like me a new computer. Ahhh. It's soooo hard to use a slow one. They aren't THAT much you know. :)

I like animals at other people's houses too!

Josh and Britany said...

i know exactly how you feel. We just bought a new one last week because we took our old one to get fixed and they told us there was no point. It has been really nice to have a newer fast one. Josh was really wanting to get the mac, but i just couldn't justify spending the money! I would be nice though!

DeLong Family Members: said...

I love our Mac, but Dad doesn't because he uses a PC all day at work and then comes home and the Mac is different and frustrates him. I think he will be better with it when he retires. I know how frustrating computers are, but Dad has learned a lot about building your own computer from our IT friend. When we get home, he could probably help you do that and it is a lot cheaper and you can build it the way you want. I do love seeing pictures of the kids--soooo much, I love you, MOM

Alyson said...

We switched to a Mac 2 1/2 years ago, and I've never looked back. Easier to use, no viruses to be caught, great for photo editing...the list goes on and on. More expensive? Perhaps up front...but in the long run, so worth it.