Thursday, April 8, 2010

the belly rules the mind

Ok, so I know I have been promising a new entry; but I haven't downloaded my latest pictures, so in turn I haven't felt motivated enough to post anything new. I have, though, started a new blog that I thought I would introduce. It is entitled "the belly rules the mind" - basically it is my weekly menu. I will explain...

For several years now, in an attempt to keep my life predictable and organized, I have made a weekly menu. It is a menu of everything we will eat that night; from main meal to side dish and often dessert and special drink if applicable. Over time I have had requests to share my menus with people who need ideas or are busy (my sister Michelle mostly - she is a pretty busy girl). So I figured I would put them up each week with the recipes and that way anyone who needs some new ideas will have the option to use them.

I feel the need to make this warning: we do not eat like regular Mormons (I am sorry if you find that insulting); meaning there won't be a lot casseroles, I seldom you cream of... soups, or really anything with the word cream in the title, there are a lot meatless dishes, and a lot soups (I love soup). So if your family is big into meat and potatoes then this blog probably won't satisfy them (although their heart, blood pressure, and cholesterol may wish it would). I do occasionally cook with those ingredients and we do occasionally eat really fattening foods. But for the most part I try to make my meals as healthy as possible (to a point; I still like flavor). Lest any of you think I am a health nut, I should make it clear that I am not. I wish I was, but I like Cheetos way too much.

Here is the link; I hope this helps with your planning each week...

www.menumarvel.blogspot.com

Good Luck!

5 comments:

Alyson said...

Very cool! I'll have to check out your weekly menus...I've been trying to do the same thing each week, so that we don't have the nightly panic of what to eat. Life is too busy to worry about dinner!

Heather said...

um. awesome! i am way excited. and i might just have to design it for you. is that ok? i am a little obsessed with blog design right now!

emily, etc, etc said...

Totally Heather...design away!

The Rich's said...

This is the greatest thing EVER!!! Just the other day i was complaining to a friend about how i want to be healthier an dhow i'm in a cooking rut..THANKS for sharing! i'm stoked!!!

Kyndra said...

I'm excited to check out your recipes. I am just like you - not a meat and potatoes family, lots of meatless dishes, and NEVER use cream of anything. In fact, when I had my babies and they announced in Relief Society that they would be bringing me meals, I had them announce that I don't eat anything with cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup. When people ask what foods I don't like I just say, "I don't like cream of." They say, "Cream of what?" and I say, "Cream of anything soup."