Monday, May 16, 2011

le cruise!

We had a spectacular time on our cruise. I am going to warn you now that there are a lot of pictures (and I only put a small fraction of them on here). Lucky for us Tyler (the husband half of the couple we went with) had an awesome camera and was will to be our own personal paparazzi...so needless to say we got some great pictures! Also these aren't in order of the week...but I did my best!

The main promenade on the boat. It was cool!
Ta Da!!!!
Mmmmm, where shall we go next?
Our boat....it was HUGE
The second formal night (which we dressed down for a bit). The sunset that night was so pretty.
Scott is holding the sun in his hand...."oh my!" I say...
Jenny and me. She was so fun to vacation with.
CocoCay, Bahamas: This island is owned by the Royal Caribbean. It was really pretty and I loved our day there.
I am not wearing a bikini...that is my knee.
Yipeeeee! We are on vacation!


St. Maarten: This island is half Dutch and half French. It was a really fun place to go. We went to the beach in the morning and the water was AMAZING!!! Then we explored a little. Finally we wanted to get over to the French side to explore, so we hopped on a local bus and went over. It was kind of like a run-down New Orleans. While there we realized we needed to get back to catch the boat, so we found another bus, jumped on and hoped we would make it. Well, as we got closer and closer the traffic came to a stand-still. We were about 2 miles from the dock and we were supposed to be back to the boat in about 30 minutes! We jumped out and ran through town to the dock. We made it with a few minutes to spare and had a great adventure.

Philipsburg; on the Dutch side of St. Maarten. It reminded me a lot of West Africa.
On the beach. This was sooooo beautiful.
The beach we swam at. So pretty and amazing water.
Marigot; the French side of St. Maarten. This was a really cool building.
Back on the boat: Scott climbing the rock wall. He came in second in the climbing competition - he was only 1 second behind the guy who won. Pretty impressive!
The first formal night. I sort of felt like I should have been the "mother of the bride."

St. Thomas: We rented a jeep for the day and drove all over the island. It is tricky driving there because they drive American cars (steering wheels on the left side of the vehicle), but then they drive on the left side of the road. It was really backward. Poor Scott, I don't think he enjoyed it as much as the rest of us because he had the stress of driving the whole day.

This is us at a lookout point we found and we could see our boat parked down in the harbor.

A snorkeling bay on St. Thomas...it was really windy that day and the waves were big, so I didn't even bother.
Karaoke Night...I think I was the only person on the boat that was totally stoked about it...
Scott on the Flow Rider...I like how he is showing a little leg!
Us and our friends the Ploegers during the final round of Progressive Trivia

Ice Skating - the boat had an ice skating rink; that was pretty awesome.

All in all, it was a fun week. I would totally go on a cruise again (although I don't know if Scott would....he wanted more time to explore the islands). It was a great trip. By the end of the week, though, I was ready to get back to real life. I missed my kids and I was tired of eating all the time! Happy tenth anniversary Scott - I love you more than anything in the whole world and I am so grateful that after ten years we still adore each other!!!! I love you!!!

6 comments:

marian said...

YIPEE you posted! It looks like a great time - relaxing and fun. those wooden buildings look like Belize City.

erika said...

Finally some pictures!! I've been waiting with bated breath. :)
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time, and you are such a great couple! Love you!

Callie said...

AH! It all looks amazing! And you look fabulous! Seriously. So glad you had a good time. PLEASE take us with you next time!!

Laura Duce said...

Fun, fun, fun! What a great way to celebrate 10 years.

Heather said...

Wow Miss Emily! You guys really know how to live it up on vacation! I'm still sooooo super jealous....so please take me with you the next time you go somewhere exotic! You look amazing in every single picture....wowzers! You are one hot momma! :)

Jenkins family said...

SO FUN! I need a vacation. Btw, way cute suit.