Saturday, April 12, 2008

the arbor day foundation would be proud


We received a necterine tree from my parents the other day and decided to plant it today. The kids were very interested in why I was digging a hole in the yard. I told Adam I was trying to get to China - he believed me and repeated it to anyone who came around. Then they thought it would be very adventurous to sit in the hole (it was all of about 12 inches deep...whoaaaaa). Anyhow, we got the tree in and I am now really anxious for fresh necterines. Mmmmmmm.

I know it looks like Scott is digging the hole. But really I did the majority of the digging. When he came over he put a few final touches into it.



3 comments:

Honor said...

I LOVE nectarines!

Stephanie said...

Yummy! Trees are so much work--those silly holes! It looks like our fruit trees will be producing fruit about the same time.

Robyn said...

Congrats on your new addition. It's lovely. May you see the 'fruits' of your labors very soon.