Wednesday, April 23, 2008

michelle ROCKS!!!!!



Today is my older sister Michelle's 35th birthday. So, in honor of her I am going to list the top ten reasons why I love Michelle (I would list 35, but my in-laws are coming into town and I still have some cleaning to do...).

10. She taught me the all-important lesson that if you've got it, flaunt it (or at least accentuate it). When I was in junior high and she was in high school, I was eating breakfast one morning. She was leaving the house in the shortest pair of cut-off shorts I had ever seen. I asked her why she was wearing such short shorts (knowing our mother would not approve) and this was her reply, "Because I have great legs and I want everyone to know it." Needless to say I immediately went and shortened a pair of my shorts. My mom wouldn't let me leave the house in them. Dang it!

9. We shared a room all growing up and she never made me feel like it was her room and I was just a guest there. I am five years younger and much more annoying - I can see now just how patient she truly was all those years.

8. She is really the BEST housekeeping I have ever met. Her house is always spotless - seriously, always spotless.

7. She is always trying to be a better person, whether it be spiritually, intellectually, or as a mother.

6. She is a very easy person to be with. I really enjoy spending time her.

5. Even though she doesn't do this much anymore - she used to make the best desserts.

4. She is an amazing decorator. She is just one of those people that seems to have an eye for style. Speaking of decorating - you should see her house at Christmas. Think of any beautiful picture you have seen in a book or magazine of a room at Christmas time. That would be her home times 100. It is amazing!

3. She is very thoughtful and very generous. She will help me with my kids anytime.

2. Speaking of my kids, they love her and they love going to her house. I think all the nieces and nephews feel that way.

1. She is the greatest sister. I was wondering once if I would be friends with my sisters if they weren't my sisters. I can tell you that even if Michelle wasn't my sister, I know I would still be friends with her.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE --- I LOVE YOU!!!!!

The above pictures are from a little lunch that my sisters had for her today. It was so yummy! (Lisa, we wish you could have been there)

1 comment:

SJ said...

Emily,
We'd love to get together while the Hills are here and congratulate Brian and Callie. Could you let us know if you all do something that we could swing by with out intruding? Thanks for always puting up such great posts! I've always liked you and Scott...but now that I know more about you guys we just love you to pieces!