Thursday, April 10, 2008

i need a break!

So, some of you may notice that I haven't blogged this week - nor have I posted what we've had for dinner recently on the other blog. I needed a break. For some reason (actually I know exactly what the reason is) I just haven't felt motivated this week at all. I am usually pretty good about keeping a tidy house, making beautiful dinners, grocery shopping, bathing the kids, etc, etc, but not this week. My house is a mess, I haven't made a real dinner since Monday (we had french toast last night, does that count?), I did what you might call grocery shopping yesterday - most of what I bought was junk food...oh and some milk, and I think the kids have only had one bath this week. I guess I had better let Over-Achievers Anonymous know that I may not qualify for membership any longer.

I guess my only consolation during this whole "off week" is that there is always next week and the messes will still be there and the family will still need to be fed. So I have a chance to redeem myself. Maybe (in true over-achiever fashion) I won't wait until next week to start anew, I will start tomorrow. We'll just have to see how I feel in the morning......

P.S. The above stated "reason" is that it is the middle of April and it is still cold (really cold) and cloudy and I don't think I can take it anymore. I need to go on vacation to a warm...no, make that a hot, very hot, sunny place.

10 comments:

marian said...

EMILY - Come and visit ME! It's going to be in the 80's and 90's next week. And then the week after, Ryan will be in Japan, so I will be lonely. This is a serious invite! We have the kiddie pool out, the M&M's are here for potty training, all the amenities:)

Heather said...

pretty sure the real reason is cause you are PREGNANT!!!! that is my prediction anyway!

Dave and Dana said...

I know a nice warm, inviting place. Come and see us anytime.

Love Dad

emily, etc, etc said...

Just for the record - I am NOT pregnant!!!!

Evan said...

I seem to remember you moving away from Washington for the great sunny hot weather in Utah. Hmmm...the grass is always greener on the other side. It's sunny and 70 today in good old Puyallup!

Stephanie said...

I hear you! I could absolutely use some sunny weather, too! Maybe we could just hit a day-spa and have a girl's night out... :)

emily, etc, etc said...

Evan - you stinker!!!! You just wait until June or July. I will soaking up the sun and you will be wearing a raincoat.

SJ said...

We're going camping at Zion Nat. Park next Thurs-Sun. You're welcome to join us...call me if you guys are interested!
Sasha

P.S. This weekend looks great for warm weather...so I predict a snow storm the following week!

Honor said...

I will have to call you ... then we can bask in our slumpiness together. (I have days like that ALL the time.)

Siri said it's supposed to be 80 there Monday ... hope that's true for your sake!!

(you could have a luau and pretend you're in a hot climate ... turn the heat up in your house, put on some flip flops, eat pineapple and pork and dance the night away in your hot house ...I would come if I lived near you )

emily, etc, etc said...

Honor, I love that idea - both the luau and you calling!