Tuesday, November 4, 2008

belated



Happy Birthday Mom...that is, happy belated birthday! Saturday was my mom's 60th birthday. We had what you might call a whole birthday weekend in celebration. Saturday we plotted with my dad to take her to a matinee so that some of us could go and deep clean her house. All our lives whenever we'd ask her what she wanted for her birthday she'd always say, "a clean house and happy children." Well, I figured that after all these years she finally deserved it. Really there wasn't that much to clean, but we were able to dust, sweep, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, and the toy room. Then we had a recent picture of the six of us framed and left it with some beautiful roses that Renee bought. She was elated! Then that evening we took her out to dinner. Sunday after church my parents came over to my house for dinner and then everyone else joined us afterward for cake and ice cream. Renee made the most awesome cake in the shape of a 60. It was such a fun weekend and it was nice that my mom didn't have to make or clean dinner the whole time. I love you Mom!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Could your mom be any cuter? I'm so glad you guys were able to do something so meaningful for her before she moves away. I'm sure she will never forget it. And Renee's cake was amazing!

Josh and Britany said...

Ditto to Erika, you're mom is so cute! You guys are great and that cake is so cute.

marian said...

OK, so your mom is right up there with Mother Theresa of Calcutta, Dr. Albert Schwietzer (probably) and Dr. Leo Marvin (and my mom). Aunt Lilian rocks and makes 60 look so young and OK.