Tuesday, November 18, 2008

what do you do with a tub of goo?

That is...what do you do with a Tub of Goo who is having a birthday!!!!
At the restaraunt (I was feeling a little under the weather if you can't tell).

Opening his gift from Lily.

Can't you tell how excited he is to share his new toys...Look at Gracie's temper tantrum as he holds the train above his head...

Yesterday was my boy's fourth birthday. Can I just tell you that I feel like I have hit the jackpot with this little boy. He is just the very BEST!!!! I love how tender and sweet he is. He always tells me how much he loves me and every morning he comes and climbs into bed with me and cuddles right up. He is so sweet to his sisters (even though he does like to tease them - but is it always in such a fun-loving way). I just love this boy! By any description he should really get on my nerves - he never eats his dinner, he didn't potty train until a month ago, and he is like a bull in a china closet (talk about destructive), but for some reason I am able to just smile and be patient; it is really hard for me to get too angry with him. There is just something about his funny little personality that just melts me. Plus no one can make me laugh like him (Gracie is a close second). He pulls out the best one-liners. Needless to say I have a really big crush on him.


So back to his birthay....Sunday night we went up to my parents' house and had a family celebration. Then yesterday Scott and I took him out for dinner. Then when we all got home (I had to pick the girls up from Michelle's house) we opened his presents - that is after I woke him up. He was so tired he fell asleep on the drive home from the restaraunt. He seemed pretty thrilled with all he got and very reluctant to share with Grace.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM - I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy birthday Adam. What a little cutie. It's funny but that's how I am with my boys. There's nothing like a nice hug from a tough little boy to brighten your day.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, Adam! There is absolutely something about Mommies and their boys: they just melt us!

Nichole said...

He is a handsome little man!!

Erika said...

Wow I can't believe he is 4. I remember holding him as a newborn at Renee's reception. Time flies!
He sure is a cute one though.

Malisa said...

Oh no! I sure hope you do not have what I have. I did not know at Sarah's party that I would not feel well that night. I've been worrried about everyone since.

Congratulations to Adam. Birthdays are fun!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So sweet! Yes, you are one lucky lady! Those little boys sure know how to turn on the charm! Happy Birthday Adam!

Heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUBBIE! we sure do love you and miss you!

Lauren said...

I just read your comment about the Emily and Scott link. I actually thought I may confuse one or both of you at some point...yes, I have two friends named Emily and they are both married to men named Scott. Crazy!! I figure, you are Emily + Family because you've got little ones and the other Emily doesn't.