Friday, February 13, 2009

don't you just love love? and curls...

Today, of course, Lily is having a Valentine's party at school. She and I were very crafty and made the cutest Valentines. The heart is made from Lily's fingerprints.

Last Saturday night I put sponge rollers in Lily's hair. Scott was so intrigued by the whole process and thought it was funny that girls sleep in them - apparently his sister didn't use these; or he just never noticed. Lily looked so pretty in the morning. My camera wasn't working first thing, so this is a picture of her after church.




Because neither of us love crowds; Scott and I have decided to go out tonight for Valentine's Day rather than tomorrow. It should be pretty fun - he is taking me to a Middle Eastern restaurant that he really likes. Good times! I am mostly just glad that after seven years I still really love my husband; I think that is pretty cool!

8 comments:

Laura Duce said...

My birthday is on the 15th so we usually just do a joint celebration. I to do not care for the crowds. Hope you're feeling great!

Mandee Lue said...

It is cool that after 7 years the love is still so strong!! I hope you never lose it. Too many people do, and it's so sad! You two are just darling anyhow... lets keep it that way! Love the curls, and LOVE those cute valentines! What a great idea!! (but then again, this is Emily Hill we're talking about... love ya!)

Heather said...

what a great idea for little valentines cards. i am blogging about them on bit of bliss! is that ok?

Honor said...

what a nice industrious mom you are ... I love homemade valentines. So cute!!

Malisa said...

I love your valentines! I think this is the first year I haven't done homemade ones. I decided that since I had a child's birthday today, it simply wasn't required of me. I was so surprised at how easy it was to buy the valentines.

I saw Lily's hair at church. It was so cute.

biscky said...

I remember sitting on the floor watching Lawrence Welk while my mother put my hair up in curlers every Saturday night when I was a child. Ah memories.

Miss Megan said...

Yay! Sponge curlers and I go way back, so I'm glad the next generation is developing a relationship with them too! Lily looks gorgeous!

I am so jealous of you and your Valentines date! I hope I find a darling man that makes me feel the way Scott does for you!

Karen said...

You're right. The only time I had sponge curls was for a stake play, and I think Scott was already off in college-- or into other girls too much to notice his little sister. What a cute and creative little girl you have!