Sunday, February 8, 2009

poor peeps and YEAH grape...

Apparently Adam thinks he has found his calling in life - he wants to cut hair. Or maybe it is just a phase (I am inclined to think the latter). The other night I heard a strained Mr. Peeps cry from the basement. In my laziness I ignored it. Later when I went to tuck Adam in bed I was a little confused as to why my scissors were on his bedroom floor. Again I chose to ignore it (after I told him to quit taking my scissors and then I took them with me upstairs). So later that night Scott and I were working on probably the hardest puzzle I have ever attempted - another story for another day - when we looked down at Peeps and noticed something funny about his fur. Was he suffering from a strange hair-loss disease? Had he been in a terrible cat fight? No and no. Upon closer examination the answer was found - Adam had tried to give him a haircut! After putting all the clues together and finding a lot of cat hair in Adam's closet we solved the mystery - that naughty boy. It was a good thing he was already asleep, otherwise I think Scott would have had a difficult time not getting very very very angry with him (I think Scott likes Mr. Peeps more than Adam sometimes). Scott and I talked about it and decided to talk to Adam about it in the morning and start taking a toy away forever when he disobeys (if he thinks there is a chance he will get it back then he won't care if he loses it or not). He doesn't love this form of discipline, but.....none the less, two days later I found a big chunk cut out of his own hair. AHHHHHH, when will that boy learn?!!!? He had to hand over two toys for that. Needless to say I have hidden ALL the scissors in the house and the Toy Jail is filling up quickly! Not to mention poor Peeps looks terrible...

In other, much happier news, we celebrated Little Miss Gracie's birthday on the 3rd. She turned two and I can tell you she acts like it. We love Grace - I sometimes think the only reason she was sent to me is to bring happiness and sunshine to my life. No one can make me laugh like her. She also has the strongest will of anyone I have EVER known. I think it will be a good thing for her in the future...



HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE - WE THINK YOU ARE THE BEST, BEST, BEST!!!!!!

6 comments:

Malisa said...

Mr. Peeps really doesn't look that bad!

Grace is so, so darling. She does bring joy to all those around her. Happy Birthday Grace!

The Hills... said...

I am the worst Aunt, I can't believe I forgot little Gracie's birthday! I'm so sorry we didn't even call! It's on the calendar for next year!

Poor peeps...and poor Adam, how does his hair look?

Heather said...

i love it! conner gave orion a hair cute awhile ago too! oh funny little people. and happy birthday to little miss grace. she is getting so big!

marian said...

OK - love your pink cake plate! Gracie sounds like Nora, our Sunshine girl! Happy b-day beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, adorable little Gracie!

Don't worry: when my kids went through the hair-cutting phase, they quickly grew out of it. I'm sure that Adam will find something new soon. :)

Alyson said...

Better the cat's hair than his own (or his sister's!)!
Happy Birthday to Grace!