Saturday, January 30, 2010

i know, i know....


I am always posting Adam's funny remarks, but I just can't help myself. My life is just that boring that I get my kicks from a 5-year old. Here is the latest and it is a doozy:

Adam: Mom, go faster (we were in the car)
Emily: I can't, I will crash into the car in front of us.
Adam: Then you would be dead?
Emily: Well, I guess that could happen.
Adam: Mom that would be bad...(I am thinking how sweet that is) because then Dad would get really mad at me because he would think I made you dead! (What!? So much for how sweet that is)
Emily: How about that would be bad because then who would be your mom!
Adam: Oh, Rachel would be my mom (she is the 16 year old babysitter and I am pretty sure she isn't Scott's type).

Thanks Adam; it is nice to know that I could be easily replaced and the only reason you don't want me to die is because Dad might blame you...I thought we bonded!

2 comments:

DeLong Family Members: said...

The logic of a 5 year old!!! Nothing like making someone mad and maybe a punishment to motivate someone!!! MOM

J and A said...

I love those crazy things they say. Thanks for sharing Adam's fun wit and wild thinking. I keep a collection on sticky notes with dates of when they said it and when I get time-er, or make time-(like once or twice per yer)I type them up chronologically by month and we read through them as a family on New Year's Eve. They are treasures.
Interestingly, I have noticed that age 2-4 seem to have the highest amount of contributions to our 'family funnies' as we call them, although the older children contribute in more 'mature', hilarious ways. Like your Adam, for instance.
A classic this week from my 8 year old daughter after we arrived home from school went like this:
Daughter: Mom, do you know what A-S-S stands for?
Mom: Um, a bad word?
Daughter: No...? After School Snack!
Mom: Oh. Well, don't tell that to too many people, okay?
Ha! Isn't motherhood a kick. I love it and I love enjoying your family through your blog.
Love,
Anna