Sunday, October 26, 2008

i'm sorry, could you repeat that please?

The other day my parents shared some very interesting news with all of us...maybe you would like to hear it too. Apparently they are moving to Guam. Yes, you read that correctly, I typed Guam. Where is Guam, one might ask. Well, it is the South Pacific, sort of near the Philippines. They will be there for two year, and then thereafter my dad will retire. They are super excited and we are excited for them. Although I have to admit I will miss not having them here and since Scott's parents are in Slovenia this means my children will be without grandparents for a while. Oh well, they are little and will survive. In the meantime I can start planning my beachy, sun-drenched vacation to tropical Guam.



9 comments:

Heather said...

Such globe-trotting grandparents! Have fun planning that vacation... :)

Alyson said...

What??? Are they going on a mission, or church-service related stint there? Will they come back to Utah after? That is so crazy - I figured once they moved to Utah, they were here to stay! I imagine it will be tough to have them gone after they've been so close for so long! But Guam could be a fun place to visit!!!

marian said...

I totally thought it was a joke when my dad told me! If course, I thought Ghana was a joke too. . . . Ahh - craziness. You will just have to take the kids to Idaho to the sub grandpartents (hint, I will be there post 4th of July).

Josh and Britany said...

Wow!! I can't believe that! Are they going to sell their house? I hope you know I will be heading to tropical Guam with you!! :-)

Heather said...

ok fine. we'll be your surrogate grandparents. come on up for a visit!

Stephanie said...

Wow. This is crazy news!

If your kids need "surrogate grandparents", I know a weird lady who brings fruit snacks to church and loves to spoil kids (other than her own) rotten. I can check on her availability...

emily, etc, etc said...

Alyson - it is for his job with the Church. This will be his last stint with them before retirement. They aren't going to sell the house because they do plan on coming back and staying afterward (that is until they go on a mission which won't be too far after they retire). Renee is going to live in their house while they are gone. And yes, it will be really hard to have them gone - their house has turned into the gathering spot for all of us. Hopefully Renee won't mind us constantly coming....

I love all the invitations for step-in grandparents. Maybe my children don't have it so bad afterall...

Christia said...

Wow! Guam is GORGEOUS, I had a friend who's husband was stationed there! Gorgeous pics!

Hey can you email me jngsmommy @ gmail.com? I have a question for ya!

Loughmiller's said...

WOW! That is exciting. They are always off on some sort of adventure.