Friday, June 27, 2008

bittersweet


Last night I had a very bittersweet experience...it was the closing night for Bye Bye Birdie. It has been one the most fun things I have ever done - truly a great opportunity. I haven't done a show in years (like a lot of years) and I was so overwhelmed at first, but eventually I loosened up. I have made great friends, gotten to know the area and community so much better, and grow in a hobby that I love. On the other hand, I am exhausted! I was really ready for this to come to an end - mainly so I could start getting to bed at a reasonable time and start going out on dates with Scott again. Nonetheless I will do it again - not anytime soon mind you. I really have to thank Scott for being such a great sport about it - I rarely heard a complaint from him and this was a huge burden for him (although he says it was a nice way for him to spend some time with the kids).

I forgot to bring my camera last night, so all I have is this picture taken a couple days ago. When I get some more from other people I will post those.

Oh, the picture is of my little stage family!

8 comments:

Jinii said...

I totally flaked out last night. Mike and I were planning on being there and I totally fell asleep at 6.

By the way I need to get your address. Could you email me at jinii(dot)boren(at)gmail(dot)com

Stephanie said...

You were fabulous! Thank you so much for being a part of this adventure!
I think I'm the luckiest person involved in the show because I get to see you every week! Yay!

Heather said...

you look amazing...and i checked out a video from one of your friends blogs and got to hear a little bit! so awesome Emily! glad you got to do it!

Steph said...

I heart Mrs MacAfee

Josh and Britany said...

You were so great!! I'm so glad I was able to see it.

Erica said...

Hi Emily! I'm SO having Birdie cast withdrawls today....

Could I get your address so I can invite you to my blog?

emily, etc, etc said...

Erica - I can't say that I am having withdrawls quite yet - maybe next week. Anyway, here is my e-mail...

hillfamily3(at)hotmail(dot)com

Laura Duce said...

You look so great! Hopefully someone taped it and you can show us. :)