Monday, June 2, 2008

el numero siete

A snapshot someone took of us at our reception


Two years ago in Hawaii, celebrating our 5th anniversary.

A funny thing happened to Scott and me Saturday evening. We were out getting a couple things done before Sunday and all of the sudden it dawned on me what was happening on Sunday. I turned to Scott and said to him, "Tomorrow is a special day...." He was thinking to himself, 'Cinco de Mayo has passed, we already had her birthday...' and then he asked me what the date was. Saturday was May 31st, which meant that the next day was our anniversary. We have both been so busy and preoccupied with with other things that we completely forgot. It did make it easy in a way because we knew that neither of us would be getting something for the other person.

It has been seven years and I have to tell that honestly I am pretty excited for the next seven. I always feel so blessed that I was able to find Scott and be smart enough to fall in love with him. I know that we say that the Lord loves all him children equally, but I sometimes think I have a pretty good argument for why he loves me a little more - He let me be married to Scott. Happy Anniversary Scottith...I think you are just the BEST!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! You are such a wonderful couple! We feel so blessed to be called your friends. Best wishes on the next seven years... and all Eternity to follow!

Heather said...

oooh! the big 7! happy anniversary you guys!

Jess said...

Congratulations! That is such a funny story- you are both lucky that it was mutual. Your pictures are beautiful and they make me excited to make it to my 7th anniversary- only 6 years to go :).

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are awesome!

Honor said...

okay ... that is just sad that you both forgot. I don't think I could ever forget ... but I have to look at a calendar several times per day to keep track of all the kid's and Matt's things, so I always know the date.

Happy 7th Anniversary! (ours will be 10 in Sept. ... how weird. We're all old)

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary!! Here's to eternity!

Evan said...

Hey Scott here comes the itch! j/k

Miss Megan said...

How! Seven years is impressive - way to go! Love reading your blog and getting to know you a bit better, Emily. You are darling!

The Hills... said...

Happy Anniversary, we love you guys! I can't believe it's been 7 years. Hey, when is your play? Has it happened yet? Make sure you record it, I want to see you act...and sing.

Loughmiller's said...

We forgot about our anniversary this year too. It was also our
7th. We saved a lot of money, and we didn't feel bad about it either. :) Congrats. 60 more years to go.

The Atomic Mom said...

I did not realize that you too were a June bride....cue music "The girl that gets married in Juneeeeeee, is a briiiide, alllll her liiiiifeeeee!!" hehehe. No wonder you, me and Marian are so sympatico. :)