Wednesday, April 13, 2011

day 20 - a hobby of mine

This is a hard one. I kind of feel like my hobby is raising kids, but only out of necessity...

I have thought about this the last few days and I have decided that my non-kid hobby is
FOOD.

I love to eat great food and I love to make great food. I especially love to bake. I like good, old-fashioned baking; like completely from scratch (short-cut recipes and semi-homemade stuff doesn't appeal to me at all and I think they taste processed).

I also love good wholesome food. Things that are fresh and simple. For example last night we sauteed some zucchini and yellow squash in a little coconut oil and sprinkled it with some salt and pepper and it was DELICIOUS (of course we didn't just have that. We ate it with grilled salmon and seasoned penne which was also fab)!!!!!! I could go on and on about food; cooking it, baking it, preparing it, how to serve it, what to eat with what, what to avoid, health issues, benefits of, etc. etc...but that would be a really long blog post. In short
MY MOST IMPASSIONED HOBBY IS FOOD (and my kids).
Afterthought:
Isn't it kind of amazing that I am not a lot heavier....I can share with you a little secret about that. Here it is: You can still love food and not stuff yourself. There is no rule that says you need to eat until you are sick!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Will you teach me how to cool some day?