Monday, April 11, 2011

a totally fab day!

We had a great weekend! Lily was baptized by Scott on Saturday. It was the perfect baptism; I think the whole event lasted about 20 minutes tops! Our stake knows how to keep baptisms short and simple. Plus it helped that there was only one other little girl getting baptized.

Here is our baptism girl just before we left. Who says you can only wear white!? We opted for a little color and decided to wear a yellow skirt with her white sweater. Super cute!

Scott and Lily. Doesn't he look like a proud papa! Lily was so excited.

All of us before. We probably should have included all the kids, but let's me honest...like that would happen with my children!

After the baptism back at our house. We had the family over for a little lunch ("little" in the DeLong Family means banquet anywhere else). I may never wear that dress again after looking at this picture!

Sunday morning; ready for church. Davie didn't make it outside for a picture with the other kids.

Just before church yesterday. After we got in car I noticed we had a bit of a yellow theme going. I tried to make Scott turn around so that I could go home and change into my yellow sweater and him into his yellow button-up. It was a no go! Don't the kids look pretty. And really, you can never have a big enough flower in your hair!

We are so proud of Lily for making the decision to be baptized. She thought about it for a long time. If you had asked her last year at this time what her thoughts on baptism were she probably would have told you she wasn't totally thrilled with the idea, so when she told me a couple months ago that she decided to get baptized I was pretty surprised (and happy). I think she really thought it through. We are proud of her and couldn't ask for a better role model for our other three children! Congratulations Lil. What a great day it was.

3 comments:

Callie said...

Yay for Lily! She looks so cute...all your kids do. I love the yellow! And I really like your dress!

Heather said...

Hooray for cute Lily! She looks so happy and super cute in those pictures! I'm glad everything turned out well. I can't wait to hear more details.

The Tinney's said...

Ash and Lily were baptized on the same day! AWESOME! Time sure flew! Congrats Lily!