Tuesday, September 9, 2008

back in business...





Our computer had a terrible virus so it has been at Geek Squad for the last two weeks (I would not recommend Geek Squad - I am pretty sure they are behind all these terrible viruses just to get more business - plus for a bunch a geeks it sure took them long enough to fix my computer!). That is why I haven't posted anything.

So these last couple weeks have been so fun and exciting for our family. The first exciting thing is that about a week before Lily started school we got a knock on our door - it was her principal coming to welcome her to kindergarten. He came with a cookie that said her name on it. He made a home visit to every single kindergartener - there are 60 of them. Isn't that impressive? She was so thrilled and it made her even more excited to start school!

Then the night before her teacher hosted a Popsicle party at a local park. It was so much fun for her to go and meet her teacher and the other kids in her class. Again, we thought this was really impressive.

Then last Thursday the big day arrived! Lily started kindergarten. Despite all my fears, I found it very easy to send her. Maybe all those pre-first day experiences (namely the principal's visit and Popsicle party) really helped me more than her. She looked so adorable and came home with all sorts of fun things to tell me. I love hearing everyday what she has done. I have loved her school and almost all of my anxieties have dissipated.

In other news, Lily started ballet. She also LOVES this (way more than she loves soccer). And one afternoon while I was napping (I was recovering from a really nasty stomach flu) she made a Barbie car all by herself. I was so impressed. So as you can see our weeks have been busy - mostly for Lily.

8 comments:

Stacy Jacobsen said...

I am afraid I am going to cry my eyes out when Tavin starts school...probably schools in washington can be a little more scary than utah!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy that you got your computer back!

Congrats on Lily's milestones! How awesome is that?

Thanks for being such a wonderful friend. I really don't know what I'd do without you. You're a gem!

Heather said...

gosh...i was wondering where you were! don't ever take that long to blog again...i just can't handle it!!! and tell Lily I am SUPER excited she is in ballet. i'm jealous!

Miss Megan said...

Yay! Welcome back!

Speaking of big girls, I am very proud of you for being so calm in sending her off. It's nice you met the principal and teacher and other kids (and probably their parents) ahead of time. And now Lily gets to tell you new stories! Fun!

Brian Hill said...

Wow, that is impressive for the principle to come around to each house.

Lily looks so cute in her ballet outfit! Can't wait to see her moves.

Josh and Britany said...

She looks so cute and how creative of her to make her own Barbie car!! It was great to see you yesterday! We really do need to live closer to each other.

Heather said...

Sounds like she's in a really great school. That's so impressive that the principal and the teacher would go out of their way like that. Cute, cute pictures!

Jess said...

She makes a very cute ballerina.