Monday, March 31, 2008

ahhhhh...dirty clothes!

I have a nice husband. When we sold our home in Washington we anticipated selling it for what it was worth instead of $50,000 under value. With the market plunge (and our area in particular being one of the worst areas in the nation) we were just glad to get it sold. Anyway, when we sold our home Scott told me that with some of the money we made off the house he would buy me the washer and dryer of my choice. For our entire marriage I have been using 15-20 year old appliances that we would find in the classified. This was fine for a few years, but as our family grew I found those machines to be inadequate. I would have to dry everything twice and the washer would get out of balance if I even slightly overloaded it (as I often would).

So, we sold our home and didn't get nearly as much as we had planned - in fact we made just enough for the down payment on our home here. That meant no new washer and dryer for me. I was bummed, but figured it wouldn't have happen anyway. Scott, on the other hand, was determined to make good on his promise. He told me to research which set I wanted and then he would make it happen. Well, one thing led to another, we were sent a large reimbursement check from the move and TA-DAAA...I got my new washer and dryer. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world (I know, I am such a nerd getting all excited about laundry)! On top of it all, Scott built me a pedestal to set them on so I don't even have to bend over. What a nice guy.

7 comments:

SJ said...

They're beautiful! And I totally get the excitement of it all!

Robyn said...

Wow, I can only imagine what it would be like to have a dryer that did the job the first time around. Congratulations!! I think you should head up a laundry group in the ward. I would totally join, we can take turns using your washer and dryer. It's just a thought.......

Honor said...

oh, I'm so jealous! They look great.

marian said...

you deserve it honey. my theme song of late is "never ending laundry. . . da da da da da da da da da ". I just had a load buzz, so off I go

Jinii said...

We have the LG Troms as well. I absolutely love them. What a sweet husband for getting them for you!

Becky said...

"I shall not covet Emily's washer and dryer..."

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Sooo nice! I can't wait to have front loaders!! Congrats-you do have such an awesome husband!