Monday, March 31, 2008

cuteness personified

I love my Lily and today is her fifth birthday! Yes, I said fifth - I can hardly believe it. She is such a big girl. I think she has been anticipating this day since April 1st of last year. This morning she woke up to my traditional paper balloons floating from the ceiling. Everyone at my house knows that means something special is happening that day and today Lily knew it was for her. She was overjoyed. She has been asking since breakfast if she could have her party (which consisted of me, Scott, Adam, and Grace - some party). She requested spaghetti for dinner and a pink cake (I did a pink cake with green frosting - a very cute combo). She received the nicest gifts from her grandparents, who both seem to know just what she likes. All in all it was a great day for her. She can now start the countdown to six! WE LOVE YOU LILY!!!!!

10 comments:

Honor said...

oh, so cute!! Siri's birthday is today also. Happy birthday Lily! (she looks so much like you Emily)

Honor said...

I might just have to steal your idea about putting the book you're reading in the side bar ... good idea! (I'm reading Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier)

Stephanie said...

I love the paper balloons idea! How cute!

Happy Birthday, Lily! You are so darling and so grown up. Enjoy being five--it's awesome!

Karen said...

Lily, I can't believe you're five already! Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday! What a beautiful, grown-up girl. Come visit us in Washington!

marian said...

happy happy birthday lily dear! We can't wait to see you this summer - yes em, we are coming to see YOU!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Lily! They grow up too fast!! I love the cake-so cute!

Jinii said...

Your kids are so darn cute! Looks like a fun party and that cake is just too cute.

Stacy Jacobsen said...

Lily looks so old! It is amazing how fast time goes by....especially when it is someone elses kids! Happy Birthday Lily!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Hills... said...

Happy Birthday Lily! We love you! Hope to see you soon.