Monday, March 24, 2008

easter shades

I am not what you might call a typical Easter mom. Easter is the one holiday I seriously downplay - call me old-fashioned, but I want my kids to actually understand why we celebrate Easter. I think the Easter Bunny is probably the dumbest invention of all time and I am shocked each year when I see kids with their Easter Bunny loot - for some kids it rivals Christmas. At least with Christmas we threaten them to be good because Santa is watching (Just for the record, I am a BIG Santa fan - he is in a completely different category than the Easter Bunny).

So this year for Easter I (notice the "I", and not the Easter Bunny) got the kids each a bag of Peanut M&M (quite possibly one of the best three candies ever invented) and cool pair of sunglasses. We had a big pancake breakfast with Uncle Brian and Aunt Callie (who spent the night). Then in the evening we went to my parent's house for dinner. It was a beautiful sunny day and our church meetings were really good. It was a lovely Easter and in time maybe my children will be old enough to really understand what the significance is. OH, and we did dip some hard-boiled eggs in colored water. They turned out so vibrant and pretty.

3 comments:

Honor said...

That's a good thing I think .... our "Easter bunny" comes on Saturday not Sunday ... Easter Sunday is our day to have church and family. (and our Easter bunny doesn't bring a ton of stuff either.)

The Hills... said...

Cute, cute! Thanks for having us over.

P.S. I think the Easter bunny is ridiculous too!

Robyn said...

Those are some nice lookin' eggs. I dyed some with my girls and they had to do the stickers on top of that and the twins kept trying to drink the dye water and then I remembered why I never do stuff like this with my kids. I should get me a pair of sunglasses like those. Who knows, they just might come in handy one day.