Monday, July 28, 2008

hum-drum to fun fun!!!

Life during the week = hum drum.....BUT life during the weekend = FUN FUN!!!

This last weekend we had such fun. Scott took Friday off and we went to Lagoon (it was our stake's Lagoon Day, which meant we got a discount). My sister Renee was so incredible kind and came with us with a free entrance pass. She was such a great sport and basically just watched Grace while we took Adam and Lily on the rides. Then at about three when they (Adam and Grace) got tired she took the kids home so that Scott and I could enjoy the rest of the day playing without kids. Poor Lily, she could have stayed all day, but she had to go home as well because there was no way she could all the rides that Scott and I were doing (even though she is tall enough for every single one of them - I was amazed). I assured her that we were going to come back next year. The day was such a blast!!!
This is on the Tidal Wave (the big boat that goes back and forth). Adam was terrified!!! I made him go on because I thought he would have such a blast. Once the ride got started and I remembered just how high it goes I felt really bad - his little body was shaking he was so scared. Luckily I don't think he is scarred for life. In fact he seemed to get over it by the time we were off the boat.




I love how Lily has her arms up in this picture - talk about teaching them young...
Then from Lagoon we met Renee and the kids at her house, packed up the cars and went to their cabin up near Evanston, WY. We spent the weekend there four-wheeling, digging in the dirt (the kids did that part), and swinging on the swings. It was a great place and was so nice of them to invite us. We got home Sunday morning in time for church. Thanks Nay for such a FUN weekend and a great respite from my sometimes hum-drum life!!!!

Scott taking Adam and Gracie on the four-wheeler. Gracie loved it - Adam, not so much!

Lily and I getting ready to embark on our long adventure (it really was an adventure - we got caught in a hale storm and neither of us has ever been so freezing)

Lily riding on the back of Uncle Ryan's four-wheeler - doesn't she look so cute and tiny with that big helmet on! We thought she looked pretty cute.

Scott and Lily at the lake that we went four-wheeling to - this is just before the hale hit us hard.


6 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

WoW! What fun you guys had!! Cute pics, too!! Love it!

Robyn said...

That looks like a lot of fun. It's nice that you got to go have a fun weekend doing things that you don't normally do. By the way Emily, your hair looks awesome. cute cute

Stephanie said...

What a blast! It looks like a truly memorable weekend!

Karen said...

I don't see anything about your life that is humdrum. Always love seeing my brother with his kids!

Miss Megan said...

Lovely! I always like the activities where the whole family can be together. Nice that you got to spend some time alone with Scott too. Looks like you're making the most of your summer!

DeLong Family Members: said...

Just wondering which Hale hit you? They are a feisty bunch.