Thursday, July 31, 2008

a sad day...



Yesterday the kids (mine and the neighbors) were out in the backyard playing. Adam was standing near the slide when all of the sudden I hear screaming. You are probably thinking to yourself, "Well that's normal..." But this time it wasn't - it was sad, loud, and a very pained screaming. I ran over to see what was wrong and sure enough he had been stung my a hornet. I looked under the slide and there was the biggest hornet's nest that I and my neighbor had ever seen. Poor Adam - he was really upset, luckily taking pictures seemed to distract him for a few minutes before the crying started again. Needless to say we bought some hornet and wasp killer that night and Scott took care of the little pests!

7 comments:

Erica said...

Sad! I was pretty little my first 2 bee stings and I STILL remember exactly where I was and what I was doing to get stung. That's actually true of the next 2 as a teenager also. *shudders*

I swell up really bad too so my dr. has me carry an epipen with me all the time. I've never had a reaction where I couldn't breath, but you just never know with how bad I swell! :^)

Poor kid! Just makes me want to hug him and he's not even mine! hehe

Evan said...

um we don't have hornets in Washington. J/K HEy when are you guys going to be at Long Beach?

Honor said...

I hate that! i'm allergic, so I run from bees. poor guy.

emily, etc, etc said...

Evan - we will be there Monday through Saturday of this next week. Tell Heather to check her e-mail, all the info is there...hope to see you there for a little surfin'

Stephanie said...

Oh, Honey! Poor little guy! So super sorry for him. :(
This year has been so bad for those pesky buggers.

Have a great vacation!

biscky said...

Poor Adam. I've never been stung by a hornet but my sister once had a nest in the wall of her house. They broke through into the house it was not pretty for her family, scary for sure.

Stacy Jacobsen said...

That is so sad! I remember last year, Tavin was playing naked in his pool (typical boy), and he ran over to lay on his towel on the grass. He started screaming, so I ran over to see what was wrong. A bee had stung him right on the "you know what!" THANKFULLY, he wasn't allergic. Moral of the story...tell Adam never to play outside naked, and to cover his "you know what!"