Sunday, July 20, 2008

so much fun

I have had such a fun few days. Thursday I got together with some of the girls from the "Birdie" cast - it was nice to see them again. Also on Thursday, Gracie was being so cute. Lily had gotten some of the dress-ups out and Gracie was trying them on. In this picture she is wearing an Aurora outfit with two pairs of wings. She paraded around the house like this for a while. She was so proud of herself.
Then Friday night I went with my friend Wendy (the neighbor with the fun waterslide) to a scrapbooking crop. I am not a scrapbooker - I attempted it about a year and a half ago, but just never fell in love with it. The first time I met Wendy she asked me if I like to scrapbook - needless to say, she is really into it. She told me how every month a bunch of them get together and go to a crop - that means they go to a scrapbooking store from about 6 pm to midnight and they scrapbook. Sounds miserable right! I though it did, but I decided to have an open mind and give it a try. It was such fun - we ordered dinner and ate at the store. The store also provides free fountain drinks and snacks all night. Plus you can use all their stuff like the fancy scissors and die-cut stuff and a bunch more things that I had never heard of. It is also nice because then if you need anything you can just buy it there and you only end up getting what you need and will use. The other great thing is that everyone has such great ideas and I just loved being in that creative environment! Midnight came much faster than I thought and amazingly enough I wasn't even tired (I can probably thank the Diet Coke for that one). I am totally going again next month! FUN!!!! This is Wendy and me around midnight getting ready to pack up.
Last night was also GREAT!!! I went up to Logan with my parents to see the opera "Aida." It was spectacular! We love opera, but most of the world doesn't. As a result, we don't get a whole lot of opportunities to see opera. So this was a thrill for me. Every year up in Logan at this time they have to Utah Festival Opera where they run a couple different shows (not all operas). My parents were going and I caught wind of it and decided to be the third wheel. Scott was kind enough to stay home with the kids for the second night in a row. It was beautiful and the actors were incredible - truly beautiful voices. Plus I was amazed at how well they put this grand production on in a relatively small theater (traditionally it is don outside with live elephants and all - it is supposed to be BIG). Well worth the money and it was so nice spending time with my parents. This a picture from the paper - this woman played Amneris, who is Pharaoh's daughter - I thought she was the best one in the show. The woman who played Aida was also really really good.


I have had a busy couple of days, and I am tired. But it is a good tired.

6 comments:

The Hills... said...

First off, I like the "chocolate" color and think you should keep it straight. You've got a great style. I'm trying to grow out my highlights, so I don't have to keep getting it done every three months. So I look like I'm half blonde, half brunette. Real cute!

I love Aida too. I think the music is great! "A-ida, A-ida". Tell the kiddos and Scotteth hello.

Honor said...

sounds fun ... all of it! I would have liked to go to the opera. I saw the movie Mamma Mia and thought of you ... it was so hilarious and the music was great. Too bad you couldn't come!

You should see it though.

Emily A. said...

Hi Emily! This is Emily Allan who is now Emily Wood. Its great to see a pic of your family. Your kids are growing so fast!

Stephanie said...

What a great post! You are so much fun. :)

Josh and Britany said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Thanks for yesterday!

Miss Megan said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! I'm glad I got to see you on Thursday, Emily, and that you've been converted to liking scrapbooking!