Monday, June 29, 2009

the day i gave in...

Today is the day I gave in. Lily has been wanting her hair cut for almost a year now.

I gave in finally, after realizing that it really isn't such a big deal. So what if she has the most beautiful hair ever and it looks amazing when it is long because it is so thick and full of body. It is, after all, her hair. And I should probably stop living vicariously through my daughter (because my hair would never look that good long, and I love long hair).

So the "hair lady" (as Lily calls her - and she is about 20) came today and cut it all off. I was sad, Lily was thrilled. I guess maybe I should just be happy that she is so happy. Now that it is done, I have to admit that she is still the most beautiful six year old I know. And now I don't have to listen to the complaining about her hair.

Who knows, maybe someday she will grow it out again and let me brush it until my heart is content. Probably not...



Look at all that hair on the floor

12 comments:

Candice J said...

It's still very cute!!

Ryan and Renee said...

I my heck! She looks so cute and extremely happy about it. I love it!

FamilyLife said...

It is so much easier to do this way and will always look cute. Emma cut her hair to avoid the tears a few times and now that she is 12 her hair is long and beautiful, and best of all, she brushes it herself!

Alyson said...

Oh, she looks just beautiful! Good for you for not pushing your own wants onto your daughter, even though it's so easy to do! Olivia keeps asking to get bangs, and I'm resisting, only because I know how her hair is, and that the waviness will drive her crazy with bangs. And we just can't straighten it every single day! But maybe that's not my decision to make...

biscky said...

As I tell my mother every time I get my hair cut, It always grows back. Short is easier and cooler in the summer. It's funny how moms never want their daughters to cut their hair.

DeLong Family Members: said...

Lily, you look so cute and I love your hair cut. Good idea Emily to let her cut her hair. Mama never liked my hair long, so she always had me cut it short and I rebelled when I was a senior. It's just hair--let them do what they want--within reason. MOM

Robyn said...

She is beautiful!!! Her hair is so thick, I love it. It looks like you did the right thing, she looks like she's going to burst in that last picture. Sooo cute

Tiffanie said...

I LOVE HER HAIR! It looks absolutely fantabulous!

Jenkins family said...

We have the opposite issue going on. Lulu (aka: Samson) refuses to get even a trim. I guess she's trying to hold on to her femininity in this house of testosterone!

The Hills... said...

Well, doesn't she look adorable! P.S. Thanks for hosting Brian...again!

Stephanie said...

Darling, adorable, super cute!

It was so nice to see you the other day; you're gorgeous! I am so happy for you that it's almost time for your baby to come; he's a lucky boy to get to come to your family. :)

Miss Megan said...

Lily looks great! Now I want to cut my hair short....