Saturday, June 13, 2009

family date night


I felt like we all needed to get out last night - I needed a break from real life for a little while and I wanted to spend fun time with the kids. So we decided to go on a family date. We went out to eat and then saw "Up." What a cute movie! I was worried about how Gracie would do in the theater - she nor Adam has ever been to the "big movies" (as my children call it). It was worth every penny we paid just to watch Grace and how enthralled she was with the whole experience. It was like watching a big movie for the first time. It was so fun.

The strangest thing - as we were walking through a plaza to get back to the car it was like we had entered a Twilight Zone. There were a ton of teenagers there and every single one of them looked like they jumped off the pages of my junior high yearbook! I haven't seen that much 80's style since I was like thirteen (you know, when it was still the 80's). It was weird. Is that how all the high school kids look now? If so, then I am glad went to high school in the early/mid 90's - even that style was a little friendlier on the eyes. Anyway, it was strange and Scott and I were a little bewildered.

Thanks Heather for the great picture of the movie that I stole off your blog!

3 comments:

DeLong Family Members: said...

Dad and I saw this movie in 3D. Was your movie in 3D? We thought it was a really cute movie and had a nice message. I would love to have been there with the kids. MOM

Heather said...

i loved that movie. totally cried! and yes. the 80's is huge right now. i was just telling the YW in our ward the other day that all the clothes are back, but what about the huge hair! so i think i am going to try and bring that back too!!! big huge bangs...here i come!
(and you can steal anything off my blog anytime!)

Josh and Britany said...

We went and saw this on Saturday too! We loved it and Chase cried! I can't remember if he has ever cried in a movie like that before! Oh yes, the 80's are back! It's a little weird and i'm not too sure it should! Heather, I was just reading an article on that very thing and they said the big bang do is one that should definitely not come back!! :-) I tend to agree! Have you seen my high school pictures??