Saturday, January 26, 2008

thank you ikea


I have been going to Ikea now for about six years. We have always lived in places that have them and just after moving here the one in Draper opened. I have to be honest, six years ago we thought Ikea was the greatest. But slowly through the years we have watched the prices go up and the quality (and size) go down a bit. Regardless of this I still love going and visiting the store - it is a lot of fun to go and see all the small European-type furnishings. So the other day my sister Jennifer called and asked if I wanted to meet her there. Of course I said yes and I am so happy that I did. I just seemed to find the greatest deals ever and on things I actually needed. I have been wanting some low-key, dainty, white metal headboards for the girls (when Gracie is old enough she and Lily will share a room). I have had a devil of a time trying to find something at an affordable price and when I meandered over to the As-Is section I found just what I was looking for in the form of the two ends of a day bed. It was perfect and they were only $39 for the set. Because they are the ends of a day bed they have holes in parts of them (to attach them to the back part of the bed), so I have cleverly tied ribbons through the holes. As I acquire more cute ribbons I will just add to it. I think it looks pretty cute and Lily loves it.

The other great find was their fabric that they had on sale. I found these cute strips of fabric for only a $1.50 a yard (very cheap for decorating fabric). I made a very festive Valentines Day table runner out of this. I was thrilled with my little trip that day and in the end I spent less than $50. So I must apologize to Ikea for negative feelings I may have had in past - thank you for always being there for me and pulling through when it really mattered.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I love it when I come across great deals for things I actually needed. I had no idea that IKEA even sold fabric. That's so fun!

The Atomic Mom said...

I'm kind of addicted to IKEA dishtowels. No really, I am. They are only fifty-cents. I love anything I can get for fifty-cents.