Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008!!!!!

Happy New Year! I know I am couple days late, but seeing as I don't have a camera and no fun pictures to post I haven't felt as motivated to get on and blog. But I thought I should tell you about our New Year since we had a lot of fun.

My sister and her husband came over and we ate sushi, pot-stickers and drank some good soda-type beverage that Scott bought. We played Rummicub and ate chocolate-caramel brownies with ice cream. As you can tell, it was all about the food. It all tasted so good. Every year on new years Scott and I get all the yummy ingredients for sushi, put the kids to bed, and enjoy it together. This year it was nice to have someone join us. After the rest of my family found out what we did they decided to invite themselves for next year. What used to be a cozy new years tradition is turning into a great party. The more the merrier!

So we went to bed at about 11:30 (if you know Scott well, this won't surprise you at all. He hates to stay up late and then be groggy the next day. I couldn't convice him to just stay up the extra 30 minutes). Just as we were settling into a nice sleep every fire truck and police car siren in town went off; people started honking their horns, and a bunch of the neighbors came out banging pots and pans. All this was in addition to the fire crackers going off in various spots in the area. I have never heard such commotion - it was so much fun and it forced Scott to be awake at midnight to give me a kiss and wish me a Happy New Year. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for next year.

Happy 2008!

2 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Sounds like fun! I think it's hilarious that he doesn't like to stay up late!! Glad you got your New Year's kiss!!

SJ said...

Sounds like a YUMMY new year :)