Thursday, March 24, 2011

day 10: a photo of me taken over ten years ago

I know I am the queen of overkill....but I went on a little trip down memory lane trying to find a great picture for this post. I decided to put a couple of fun pictures that I found...

This the summer of 1987. Renee and I were buddies! Don't you love the train engineer's hat (which is kind of in style now) and Renee's plaid overalls...gotta love the 80's!

Freshman year at BYU - 1996. This isn't my bed, it my friend Ashley's bed - I am not sure why I had fallen asleep in it holding a canister of Pringles (no doubt bought by her - I was too poor to buy anything superfluous) while doing homework with my keys wrapped around my fingers. This is why I studied at the Law library and not in beds (well that and the Law library was filled with hot guys going to law school). I think it is a funny picture...

July 4, 2000 - the day before our trek to base camp on my Kilimanjaro climb. This was our whole group - we were all Americans except for the short guy in the very middle wearing the blue baseball hat; he is Australian. Well, Felix, our guide (the black one in front) obviously isn't American either. Anyway, this was how we celebrated Independence Day that year. It was pretty amazing - oh we are standing in that spot because that is our goal behind us....it was pretty daunting in real life. By the way, I am the one in the red jacket and black pants.
Early morning of July 6, 2000 - the top of Kilimanjaro! I was soooooooo cold and so out of it. Not enough oxygen or sleep!(P.S. I have about five layers of clothes on...I promise I wasn't as fat as I look in that picture!)

This one isn't quite ten years old yet - next month it will be...This is our engagement picture taken in April of 2001. I just love this guy! Best decision EVER!!!!


4 comments:

marian said...

This was a lot of fun to look at! I love the picnic on the parking lot.

Jenkins family said...

Quinn thought that was me in the engagement picture...but he couldn't quite figure out who the guy was. You need to visit more!

Heather said...

What amazing pictures! Wow! You are quite the hottie in your engagement picture....seriously, you are a beauty!!! Plus, I think it's just a TAD unfair that you haven't aged a bit since that picture was taken!!!!

Ryan and Renee said...

I am still so proud of you for climbing Kilimanjaro. I can't believe you did it. I remember dad trying to convince me that I should do it.... yeah right!? I'm pretty sure if you and Scott put on black shirts and stood in front of a brick wall today, the picture would look exactly like it did 10 years ago. You both look just the same. How nice is that?