Monday, March 14, 2011

day 5 - favorite quote

You know when someone just pops into your mind and you think maybe you should call them or do something in particular for them. Then you talk yourself out of it because you have...going on or maybe you just forget. Maybe I am the only one this happens to, but none the less it happens.

When I was in college my sister Renee and I were talking once and I mentioned a scenerio like the one I described above. I must have said something to the effect of, "I really wanted to, but something came up." To which Renee said,

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions!"

I have never forgotten that quote. Sometimes there are legitimate things that get in the way of our good intentions, but for the most part it is only our excuses that get in the way. Every time I think I should be doing something or intend to do something but start talking myself out of it I can hear Renee's voice in my head. How's that for a lot of self-guilt!

My other favorite quote is from Elder Joseph B. Worthlin - it is "Come what may, and Love it!"
Isn't that a great quote! I try to live by that quote.

So there you have it; two of my favorite quotes!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've never heard the quote about good intentions...I will have to try and stash that away in my memory bank of things to remember! It' so easy to let "life" get in the way of following those promptings sometimes.